severe vibration after t5 swap

• Sponsors (?)

I have urethane engine mounts, urethane transmission mount, and urethane transmission crossmember mounts and have little to no NVH in either of my cars. If it's done right i.e. balanced and aligned then you can run motor plates and drive it on the street and not have much vibration.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
update on the new mount?
I installed my brand new transmission and it didnt change anything. Next step for me i think i want to buy a 3rd flywheel maybe more expensive and see if that does anything and if that dont help, i will try a oem bellhousing. Let me know if it helped with that oem rubber transmission mount

Hey dan
I have finally fixed my problem. I had bought the LUK flywheel from Rockauto and it was not correct somehow. It said 28oz but when i swapped to another brand the vibration stopped. Make sure you dont have a LUK flywheel

I hate that (losing track)
The mystery
Some of those mysteries are good
We had a Taurus under base warranty, not my ticket but we all got involved. It vibrated so bad at freeway speed; it would shake your fillings out. They did everything, balanced the tires, replaced the CV joints and wheel bearings, they even had the trans guy R&R the trans and replace the final drive bearings. That's when they gave it to me (the alignment guy). I drove it and told the tech to balance the tires again. He squawked but we both went and did it. The LF tire was only .25 oz. out of balance. I told him to spin it again, it was 4 ounces out, we spun it again and it was 3 ounces out. I told him to break down the tire and lets see. Damn thing was full of three cans of fix a flat.